Residents oppose cell tower extension
Rise and shine, Avon! Catch up with each other to start this day on an informed note. Here’s everything going on in town today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Periods of sunshine. High: 71 Low: 50.
Here are today’s top stories at Avon:
- Avon’s neighbors warn of a horror if the city extends the cell tower an additional 46 feet (Hartford Current)
- Treats along the CT Chocolate Trail to sink your teeth into this Halloween (Insider CT)
- Town Of Avon: NAMI Presents: Cannabis And Mental Health Tuesday, October 5 at 7 p.m. (Avon Patch)
- UConn quarterback and Avon Old Farms former Tyler Phommachanh are out indefinitely as the Huskies prepare for UMass (Insider CT)
- 2022 F Jake Percival of Avon enters UConn men’s hockey (The UConn blog)
- Experts say this fall is expected to feature vibrant foliage in Connecticut (theday.com)
Today’s Avon Daily is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
- Farmington Valley Arts Center: “Here are some of the wonderful artwork from the student art exhibit in our Drezner gallery: #studentartshow #artists @virgoprof #nelshighberg #mixedmedia #abstract #nfs #maryemarsan #tree #acrylic #collage #ashleygonzalez #treepumpkin … “(Facebook)
- Talcott Mountain Science Center and Academy: “DON’T MISS THIS! This Wednesday, go ‘Behind the Big Screen’ with Talcott alumni Greg La Salle, Robin Cloud and Ben Levy. With experience on independent productions, HBO Entertainment and blockbusters like Deadpool, The Avengers, Beauty &. .. “(Facebook)
- Avon / Canton Chamber of Commerce: “It’s October and oh my ‘gourd’, do we have some great networking opportunities this month. It all starts on Wednesday 10/6, with our ‘Morning Business Network Connection’ at the Golf Club of Avon. We are following. this This Thursday … “(Facebook)
- Avon Free Public Library: “October Teen Writers Block Wednesday October 13 at 4:00 pm (via Zoom) open to teens entering grades 7 to 12. This group is for teen writers looking to find other teens with similar interest. This group is run by Juliana Spink Mills, one won … “(Facebook)
- Avon Free Public Library: “Fall Documentary Film Talk Series (Virtual Program) Monday, October 18 at 7:00 p.m. (via Zoom) Join us Monday nights at 7:00 p.m. in October! Watch these movies at home, then join us for a Zoom discussion with Bob Kagan. Bob Kagan … “(Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Alright, all is well for today. See you soon! If you enjoy these newsletters, consider bringing in more friends and neighbors. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Richard kaufman
About me: I’m a local patch editor for Connecticut, covering Greenwich and Stamford. I love discovering what makes a community tick and sharing hard-hitting and meaningful stories with the community.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Avon Daily? I’m all ears. You can email me at [email protected]